1. __________’s your name? Thomas
A) How B) Who C) What D) Where
2. __________? I’m from Germany.
A) Where are you from? B) Where you are from? C) Where from you are? D) From where you are?
3. Excuse me, how _________ your last name? R-I-L-E-Y
A) Spell B) You spell C) Do you spell D) Spell you
4. Oh, ____________ are my keys!
A) This B) These C) That D) It
5. ___________ is the school? It’s 50 years old.
A) How many years B) How much years C) What years D) How old
6. Your bag is next___________ the table.
A) On B) To C) In D) Of
7. I go to work__________ train.
A) With B) By C) For D) In
8. Mary ______________ in our company at the moment.
A) Work B) Works C) Is work D) Working
9. _______________ to the cinema.
A) We not often go B) We don’t go often C) We don’t often go D) Often we don’t
10. ______________ at school last week?
A) Do you were B) Was you C) Were you D) You were
11. We _______________ the film last week.
A) See B) Saw C) Sees D) Were see
12. He___________ tennis with me yesterday.
A) Doesn’t played B) Didn’t played C) Not played D) Didn’t play
13. Where ____________ last summer?
A) You went B) Did you went C) Do you went D) Did you go
14. It’s her birthday next week. I_________ her a present.
A) Buy B) Buys C) Am going to buy D) Buying
15. 15. We usually __________ the shopping in a supermarket.
A) Make B) Do C) Have D) Go
16. Do you like Chinese______________?
A) Kitchen B) Meal C) Food D) Cook
17. Can I help you? Thanks, but I’m just___________.
A) Watching B) Looking C) Seeing D) Shopping
18. Where ___________ to school?
A) Did you go B) Went you C) Did you went D) Did go
19. French ___________ compulsory in English schools.
A) Used to be B) Would be C) Has D) Has been
20. There are ____________ Spanish speakers in New York.
A) Too much B) A lot of C) A little D) Not much
21. Would you like ____________ to the theatre tonight?
A) Go B) To go C) Going D) To going
22. Do you have any plans for tonight? Yes, we ___________ to the cinema.
A) Will go B) Going C) Go D) Are going
23. My coffee was ___________ yours. I almost burned by mouth.
A) Hotter than B) More hot than C) Hotter as D) As hot
24. I don’t think you _________ them.
A) Should to email B) Should email C) Should emailing D) –
25. If my new company is successful, I ___________ employ people to help me
A) Will B) Be able to C) Will be able to D) Will able to
26. I was saving up __________ a new computer.
A) For buying B) To buy C) To buying D) –
27. I mostly ____________ my friends via email.
A) Get on well with B) Have in commn C) Keep in touch with D) See each other
28. I am very ___________ in old cars.
A) Keen B) Interesting C) Interested D) Fond
29. The house will look cleaner when you have finished the ___________
A) Home B) Housewife C) Housework D) Homework
30. He __________ off his holiday until after the winter.
A) Took B) Put C) Called D) Logged
31. She ____________obsessed with rock climbing at a young age.
A) Becomes B) Became C) Has become D) Would become
32. He _____________ me to the first game when I was only 6.
A) Used to take B) Would take C) Took D) Has taken
33. At first I ___________ starting work so early but this has changed.
A) Didn’t use to B) Wouldn’t C) Didn’t have to D) Wasn’t used to
34. People ___________ from the illness find it difficult to relax.
A) Suffered B) Suffering C) Who suffering D) Were suffering
35. You’d better take your coat __________ the weather gets worse.
A) In case B) Otherwise C) So that D) In order to
36. He realized that he ________ his car keys in the office.
A) Left B) Has left C) Had left D) Was leaving
37. ___________ plans you might have for the weekend, you’ll have to change them.
A) Wherever B) Whovever C) Whatever D) However
38. They _____________ out for a few years before they decided to get married.
A) Had gone B) Have been going C) Were going D) Had been going
39. We wouldn’t have a missed the bus if you ___________ to chat with Mary!
A) Didn’t stop B) Hadn’t stopped C) Don’t stop D) Wouldn’t have stopped
40. The party was so boring I wish I ________ there at all.
A) Hadn’t gone B) Wouldn’t go C) Haven’t gone D) Didn’t go
41. If only you _________ more time to spend with the family.
A) Would have B) Have had C) Had D) Have
42. By the time the guest arrive, we __________ everything for the party.
A) Will be preparing B) Will have prepared C) Prepare D) Have prepared
43. The police stopped us and said we ________ to enter the building on fire.
A) Can’t B) Couldn’t C) Didn’t allow D) Weren’t allowed
44. The horror movie wasn’t just frightening! It was __________ terrifying!
A) Extremely B) Absolutely C) Very D) Fairly
45. ____________ the weather was freezing, we decided to go out for a stroll.
A) Even though B) However C) In spite of D) Despite
46. Her sister asked Esther where _________ all day.
A) Had she been B) Was she C) She had been D) She has been
47. She advised him ___________ sun cream.
A) Putting B) Put on C) To putting on D) To put on
48. Three motorcyclist are reported to ________ during the flood last night.
A) Die B) Have died C) Had died D) Died
49. I’ll need to have the main hall __________
A) Renovate B) Renovating C) To renovate D) Renovated
50. Lilly is always poking her nose in other people’s business. She’s so ________!
A) Inquisitive B) fussy C) Playful D) stubborn